One of Navantia’s key activities is to provide support to the Navantia designs in Australia, namely the Hobart Class, the Canberra Class, the LHD Landing Crafts and the future AORs.
This activity is currently performed from our Sydney office, and strongly supported by our engineers in the Adelaide and Melbourne centres. In 2018 Navantia will open its first office in Western Australia to provide additional sustainment support for the pending AORs.
Navantia Australia understands that the designer role is a key element of sustainment and we are fully committed in supporting the Commonwealth in this activity. As such we provide a comprehensive portfolio of Through Life Support services encompassing:
- performance based logistic contracts management for vessels, systems or equipment delivered by Navantia ensuring availability and optimising life cycle costs
- design services to maintain, update and upgrade systems ensuring state-of-the-art capability
- continuous maintenance services and condition based assessment to enhance vessels’ availability. Overhaul and major upgrade projects to increase operational capability
- supporting the procurement and liaison with OEMs and providing a whole portfolio of supply support services
- ongoing training and simulation tools for crew and naval base personnel.
Navantia Australia is currently supplying subcontractor services to BAE Systems for the Transition in Service Support Contract (TISSC) and providing OEMs Service as an Approved Subcontractor. Navantia Australia has also been contracted to provide platform design services for both the Canberra Class LHDs and LLCs.