An all Australian design, the Kodal Littoral Manoeuvre Vessel – Medium has been developed entirely by Navantia Australia’s Naval Design and Engineering Centre in Melbourne, Australia.
The Kodal Littoral Manoeuvre Vessel – Medium (LMV-M) is an Australian designed vessel developed by Navantia Australia’s Melbourne Naval Design and Engineering Centre.
This vessel is purposefully designed for the Australian Army’s operational and technical requirements and is highly compliant. The vessel is optimised to both littoral and riverine operational environments while also meeting the voyage requirements for extended distances.
A versatile platform
The LMV-M will support a wide range of operations within a wide range of environments.
- The monohull configuration is suitable for a wide range of sea states.
- The size and displacement is suitable for constrained riverine environments, while the hull form, propulsion and accommodation supports the open ocean transit requirements.
- The single bow ramp was deliberately selected to support beach landings, stern dock marriages, and operations at low infrastructure ports.
- A multi-purpose open deck provides flexibility for personnel transit, UAV operations and future modular weapon payloads.
- The propulsion system can operate on two or four engines to optimise fuel consumption and maintenance, while also providing important redundancy.